Early Pregnancy Scan & Early Viability Assessment with Early Report from as early as 6 weeks gestation
Transvaginal scan included, if required
Fully qualified experts perform our scans
Ultrasound images placed on USB stick given
Early Ultrasound Scanning is not routinely available with your NHS maternity care
No GP Referral Needed
The dating scan provides you with the chance to see your baby on screen, which is always a special experience particularly if it’s your first glimpse of your child.
Our aim is to create a relaxed and comfortable environment whilst providing an informative and diagnostic assessment.
What is the main objective of the dating scan?
Assess viability & determine fetal gestational age of your pregnancy between 11-16 weeks gestation.
Exclude gender assessment / sexing.
How do I prepare for this scan?
A full bladder is required for this scan – Please drink 1 litre of fluid approximately 1.5 hours before your scheduled appointment and please try your best not to empty your bladder before the examination.
- Sometimes at the dating scan, we may not detect the heartbeat or to visualise the fetus on the screen. In instances where we’re unable to do so, this may simply be because it’s too early for the ultrasound to be conducted successfully or could indicate that a miscarriage has occurred. In the event of this happening, please be reassured that our trained staff are on hand to offer advice on what to do next.
- All scans are carried out with the aim to accomplish the main objective only.
- Please bring your pregnancy book with previous scan results to your appointment.
- This scan is a non-diagnostic scan & it does NOT screen for Downs Syndrome or other genetic abnormalities.
- We will require details of your GP / Health Care Professional; this will be requested from you prior to or at the time of your scan.
- Our pregnancy scans do not replace or substitute any scan you have or will have with the NHS Regular health provider.